This year will most likely be the weirdest birthday EVER, but I’ve been looking forward to this little blog tradition! So, without further ado…here are 22 lessons I’ve learned as I celebrate 22 trips around the sun.
1. You grow so much faster when your not so focused on growing.
2. Not everything is your fault, sometimes people screw up and you can’t do anything to fix it.
3. Mental and emotional toxicity is just as contagious as any cold and will turn you rotten if you allow it too.
4. Getting older is only scary if you see it like that.
5. All those years when Mom said, “You don’t function on a few hours of sleep. Go to bed!” Listen to her, because she’s always right.
6. Life is less of a relaxed dip in the pool and more about jumping off the cliff into blue ocean. Don’t hesitate with the things you know will change your life.
7. Just because your not looking for love doesn’t mean your blind as to what it looks like or feels like.
8. You are seen. You are heard. You are enough.
9. Comparing your body to other girls doesn’t change the body you’ve been blessed with.
10. Crying doesn’t make you weak, shouldn’t be justified, and doesn’t need a time limit. If your upset, let it out before you explode.
11. The best way to express your rage is with action.
12. Some people aren’t worth melting for…Sorry Olaf.
13. All things will come to you when your ready to receive them no matter how much you convince yourself otherwise.
14. The writing will come to you, the characters will speak, you just have to quiet your mind enough to hear them.
15. A friendship is not something one person is supposed to carry, a conversation occurs when two people are willing to stop and listen, and just because it didn’t work out the first time doesn’t mean it will the second.
16. Next time your bored, instead of dying your hair and completely ruining it…try something less drastic.
17. Instead of looking at people leaving your life as a punishment, remember that there is a lesson in everything. There are parts of you that might’ve never been there had that person not filled that space in your life.
18. Dreams don’t work unless you do.
19. “It’s better this way. A little lonelier but better.” -Unknown
20. There is nothing wrong with taking the time to recharge. You can’t spend your whole life pouring into other people, because you’ll always remain empty.
21. Just because your getting older doesn’t mean your mind can’t have the wonder and joy of a child. Life is so much better when you don’t take it too seriously.
22. Never get too busy making a living, that you forget to make a life.
See you soon!