Just over this past year I’ve fallen in love with three things: spoken word poetry, audiobooks, and Ted Talks. If you took a look at my unorganized folders on Youtube you’d find loads of talks given by people I admire and total strangers that I’ve never even heard of. I’ve learned so much about the lives of many people around the world I would’ve never know otherwise. It connects you, teaches you, and shows you that your not the only one with these questions and ideas. Here are a few of my favorites you should check out (I’ll leave a link below so you can give them a listen anytime).
1. The Magic of Not Giving a F*** / Sarah Knight
2. My Escape from North Korea/ Hyeonseo Lee
3. The Disarming Case to Act Right Now on Climate Change/ Greta Thunberg
4. Me Too is a movement, not a moment/ Tarana Burke
5. Have you met your soulmate?/ Ashley Clift-Jennings
6. The 5 People You Need to be Happy/ Stacey Flowers
7. Get comfortable with being uncomfortable/ Luvvie Ajayi
8. A woman’s fury holds lifetimes of wisdom/ Tracee Ellis Ross
9. The trauma of systematic racism is killing black women/ T.Morgan Dixon & Vanessa Garrison
10. A new standard of beauty/ Amber Starks
11. I Like Myself, America and You Can’t Stop Me/ Quinta Brunson
12. How do you define yourself?/ Lizzie Velasquez
13. The wait is sexy/ Yvonne Orji
This is The Freed Sparrow signing off! See you next Friday!