Let the countdown begin! In exactly nine days I will be touching down in Oahu, Hawaii! No amount of frilly language can describe how enthusiastic I am! I can’t wait to immerse myself in the rich Hawaiian culture, hike to breathtaking views, and have one last expedition before the end of 2019! So, here’s a quick list of my airplane essentials and Netflix favorites! Btw, None of the links listed below are sponsored. These are genuinely things I love and use anytime I travel!
1. Reading Book
During this trip I’ll be finishing Angie Thomas’ second book, “On the Come Up” and beginning Marie Kondo’s self-help book, “The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up.” After I finish these two, I’ll be sure to add my review about both books on The Introverts Bookcase.
2. BPM Bluetooth Headphones + iPhone Headphones
I take headphones with me all the time! Whether I’m hanging out in the car or working on my novel. I use the flight time to enrich my brain! Whether that’s reading while listening to my playlist in the background or catching up on a few thought provoking Netflix documentaries. You will never know when you’ll need a decent pair of headphones to keep you from getting restless on a plane ride.
3. YOGA Laptop
I adore my YOGA laptop! This lovely computer was a much-needed Christmas gift and it’s one of my favorite gifts even! From the fingerprint recognition to the fully rotating screen that transforms the laptop into a tablet! The pen comes with three interchangeable nibs in multiple sizes. The laptop itself has a decent battery life that’s lasted me hours upon hours of available work time without worrying if my battery will give out!
4. Chargers + Portable Hot Spot
I wouldn’t dare travel without multiple chargers! I recommend purchasing a portable phone charger for everyday use and especially on long trips. Also a good idea would be to purchasing a portable hot spot! A hot spot allows you to access a free, secure WIFI connection. You can also share it with your travel buddy!
I’ll usually pack a pair of my favorite sunglasses in my carry on, that way I won’t have to worry about them accidentally being broken in my suitcase!
Snacks, because airplane mini Oreos can only satisfy for so long! Plus, I am now trying to be aware of my eating habits; especially as it relates to stress eating. Usually while I’m in the air my nerves are a bit tense, but God forbid there is the least bit of turbulence! Packing healthy snacks is not only good for you but when stress eating gets the best of me, I’d rather munch on a bag of trail mix than a bag of chips. I have zero idea how I went most of my adult life never trying CLIF Bars! I’m hesitant when it comes to energy bars, but there amazing and so filling!
Funny story, I used to babysit one of those household where the parents allow you “free range” over their pantry. While I was NEVER the type to pig out on other people’s groceries (my Mom would kill me, and I’d never babysit again!) But there were rare occasions when I’d forgotten lunch or a snack for a five hour sit. A quick tip, if you want happy, well watched kids give your babysitter snacks! My forgetfulness led to the amazing discovery of CLIF Bars, and it’s now one of my favorite snacks!
7. A Jacket or Pullover
I’ll usually wear a jacket or sweater with a lightweight basic tee underneath during long plane rides. You never know what the temperature is going to be and just my luck all the planes I’ve flown in have their temperature set to: freeze everyone’s butt’s off. But I can deal with the cold if the pilot gets me to my destination safely!
Popping ears are the worst! Even though there are tons upon tons of gum brands to chose from. I personally recommend the Extra Spearmint. If your someone who hates the taste and stringiness that other brands tend to have and don’t like the idea of having to replace your janky piece every chew, then Extra is for you! Bonus points to this gum brand for being vegan!
9. Netflix Recommendations
Finally, what better way to spend all your free time on a plane than watching Netflix? Especially with the option to download your favorite shows and movies! Whether you’re here for the laughs, a good cry, or just a plain old show to make the minutes go by faster. I hope you find my newest faves interesting and worth the watch.
1. The Good Place https://www.netflix.com/title/80113701?s=i&trkid=13747225
2. Netflix Series: Explained https://www.netflix.com/title/80216752?s=i&trkid=13747225
3. Jane the Virgin https://www.netflix.com/title/80027158?s=i&trkid=13747225
4. Netflix Series: Tiffany Haddish Presents They Ready https://www.netflix.com/title/81002933?s=i&trkid=13747225
5. Netflix Series: Queer Eye https://www.netflix.com/title/80160037?s=i&trkid=13747225
6. Netflix Documentary: 13th https://www.netflix.com/title/80091741?s=i&trkid=13747225
7. Netflix Documentary: When They See Us https://www.netflix.com/title/80091741?s=i&trkid=13747225
8. The Boy That Harnessed the Wind https://www.netflix.com/title/80200047?s=i&trkid=13747225
9. Netflix Series: Atypical https://www.netflix.com/title/80117540?s=i&trkid=13747225
10. Netflix Movie: Unicorn Store https://www.netflix.com/title/81034317?s=i&trkid=13747225
12. Netflix Movie: Always Be My Maybe https://www.netflix.com/title/80202874?s=i&trkid=13747225
13. Hello, Privilege. It’s Me, Chelsea https://www.netflix.com/title/80244973?s=i&trkid=13747225
I hope you guys check out my picks! Stay tuned for more Hawaii Chronicles and thank you so much for reading!